Friday 21 October 2016

Masthead Draft - Adobe Illustrator Tutorial


Tutorial on Adobe Illustrator

1. We opened Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3 and created a new document, opening the layers tab. Throughout the tutorial I had the layers tab open, because It helps organize everything in the document and allows you to modify or delete specific layers which don't work. 

2. I chose the font Orator Std, which I used for my college magazine. I have not yet decided on my magazine name, therefore I created the template: TITLE. 

3. I used the Direct Selection Tool to distort the text into a more sharp and triangular font. This made it unique and stand out from other fonts.

4. We then found an image on Google of a texture. I chose yellow and black snake scales. By selecting both the text and image, and making a clipping mask, the image appeared inside the text. This created a more professional look and added interest to the text.

5. To make the texture more visible I used the Direct Selection Tool to widen the letters, allowing more snake scales to be seen.

6. Here is the finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment